Strawberry and Orange Creamy Popsicles
It’s been rainy here off and on for the past few days. 🌦Something I’ve realized is that sometimes the rainy days need popsicles more than the sunny ones. ☺️Sometimes you just need a pick-me-up, a warm, summer flavor and something perfectly portioned for one person. 🙋♀️This is that sort of frozen treat. (Of course, you can always have these on sunny, warm days too😉☀️)
16 oz strawberries
1 medium orange
1 cup heavy cream
2/ 3 cup sweetened condensed milk
3/ 4 tsp vanilla
Small pinch salt
5 oz disposable paper cups
Large popsicle sticks
1. Zest the orange. (Enough to get at least 1/ 4 tsp zest and up to 1/ 2 tsp zest)
2. Juice the orange. Add orange juice and all but five strawberries to a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Whip cream, zest, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt until you achieve medium peaks.
4. Dice the five leftover strawberries and fold into your whipped cream mixture.
5. Fill six disposable cups with a scant 1/ 4 cup of the orange juice mixture. Put a 1/ 4 cup of the cream mixture on top of the juice mixture.
6. Cover each cup with aluminum foil. Poke a hold into each piece of aluminum foil and put a popsicle stick in each hole.
7. Freeze on a flat surface for at least five hours.