Vegan Apple Loaf
2 cups flour
2 cups applesauce
2/ 3 cup pecans (roughly chopped)
1/ 2 cup brown sugar*
6 tbsp water
1/ 4 cup white sugar
2 tbsp ground chia seeds
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Peel and slice apple. Apple pieces should be about 1/ 4 an inch thick.
2. Preheat your oven to the “warming” (or lowest setting) and prepare a half sheet pan by lining it with parchment paper. Evenly space apple slices over the paper and place in the oven for about 45 mins. The apple slices should be pretty dry to the touch, but still hold some moisture inside.
3. Cut slices into fourths.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Combine ground chia seeds and water in a cup and let sit for five minutes.
6. In a large bowl mix all ingredients until just combined.
7. Grease a loaf pan and pour mixture in.
8. Bake 40 minutes, cover with aluminum foil and continue baking for another 30 minutes, or until a tester comes out with just a little film on it.
9. Let cool in the pan and then enjoy!
*If you don’t want as much sugar in the mixture you could probably substitute some dates for some of the sugar.