SariahSeb's Cheese Bread
If you were to ask me whether I want chocolate or pizza for Mother’s Day I would 100% say pizza. Why? Because It’s amazing!
Every time I order pizza online, I HAVE TO include cheese bread in the cart, because
1. Why the hell not?
2. I love cheese
3. I love bread
4. What else do you need?
I could definitely eat just cheese bread as my dinner every once in a while, and be very happy with my life. Fun fact.
I’ve given you my pizza recipe, and I knew I needed to develop a cheesy bread recipe as well, or else I’ll always feel like something is missing in my pizza experience at home. So here we are! If not for all of us, at least for me, haha!
This bread has some toasted garlic, rosemary, sharp cheddar, mozzarella etc etc. It’s all the right kinds of delicious and is probably one of the creations I’m most proud of. (It’s also pretty addicting so…sorrryyyyy?) Enjoy!
SariahSeb's Cheese Bread Yields one 9 or 10 inch, round, loaf
Ingredients: one packet yeast
1 cup water
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil
2 1/ 2 cups flour
1/ 4 tsp fine sea salt
2 tsp dried rosemary
2 cloves garlic
3 oz Shredded low-moisture mozzarella
3 oz Shredded sharp white cheddar
Extra olive oil for drizzling
Extra salt and pepper for sprinkling
Flaky salt (if you have it, if not don’t worry about it)
1. Combine yeast, water, honey and two tablespoons olive oil in a measuring jug, mix well and let sit for ten minutes.
2. Toast the garlic over medium heat in a 9 or 10 inch cast iron pan for a few minutes and mince when cooled.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, rosemary, and garlic.
4. Add the liquid mixture to the dry and knead until smooth (5 to 10 minutes).
5. Remove dough from your bowl and grease the sides. Place dough back into the bowl, cover and let rest for half an hour, or until doubled in size.
6. Preheat your oven to 475 F.
7. Heat your cast iron pan on medium heat. Coat the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of oil.
8. Lightly spread the risen dough in the pan and put a thin layer of olive oil over top. Let the dough stay on medium heat for about two minutes then take off heat.
9. Spread cheese across the top of the dough and sprinkle a generous pinch of salt and pepper over top.
10. Bake for 12 -15 minutes (until cheese is a deep golden color and bubbling) then spread a generous pinch of flaky salt immediately after removal. (Flaky salt is not a necessity, but it adds so much to this bread! Also, if you invest in flaky salt, you’ll put it on top of everything and never regret it; true story.)
11. Let cool. Enjoy!