Peach Scone Cups
You’ll have to forgive this recipe a little bit.
I know, what a great way to start a blog post promoting your new recipe right? But this is a place of authenticity so we’re going all in for the real talk! Haha.
Anyway, this recipe was something thrown together with scraps from my last recipe and I actually ended up liking this one better, so I knew I had to share it. Right now, I’m preparing for the Idaho State Fair where I will be entering a few baked items for competition. It all goes down next Tuesday so I just don’t have the time to remake this recipe at the moment. Like I said though, I really wanted to share it because it’s really REALLY good!
The ramekins I used are pretty large, so don’t be surprised if your proportions are a little different as far as timing or peaches. I hope you enjoy it! Even if it’s a little (lot) unconventional!
Peach Scone Cups Yield: 10-12 ramekins
3 cups flour
1 tbsp + 1 tsp baking powder
1/ 2 tsp salt
1/ 2 cup sugar
1/ 3 cup unsalted butter, cold
1/ 2 cup milk
2 1/ 2 tsp honey
1 1/ 2 tbsp butter
1/ 2 cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar
3/ 4 tsp cinnamon
1. Sift all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
2. Cut butter into walnut-sized pieces and place in the bowl. Coat each piece in flour and then, using your fingers, cut (smoosh) the butter in with the flour until flour resembles crumbs.
3. In a cereal bowl, thoroughly combine the wet ingredients.
4. Form a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in.
5. Using a wooden spoon stir the mixture until just combined.
6. Turn the dough out onto a highly floured surface.
7. Fold the dough in half then turn 45 degrees and fold again. Repeat this until the dough is mostly smooth.
8. Once smooth, roll out dough until it is about half an inch thick.
9. This is where things are a LITTLE unclear. I THINK this will make about 10 -12 scone cups, but I’m not sure. Place ramekin on dough and cut about two to three inches around it, depending on the depth of the ramekin.
10. Place dough into ramekin and press to the sides.
11. Let rest, uncovered for half an hour.
12. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 9-13 minutes, until solid to the touch and just beginning to golden in parts.
1. Peel and slice peaches, then cut slices in half (hamburger style ;)).
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine all other ingredients until bubbling. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon.
3. Add in the sliced peaches coat with the sauce. Cook until they break apart easily (about 2 1/ 2 – 3 1/ 2 minutes).
Once both scones and filling are cooled spoon in desired amount of peach filling and sauce. I put about half a peach per scone cup. Enjoy as is or with whipped cream!