It is no secret that The Marvelous Mrs.Maisel is my favorite television program (probably) of all time. So when awards season began I was excited to see what the show got!
I LOVE watching the award shows, not sure why or even how it started but I have always loved watching them. I’m not sure if anyone else feels like this, but whenever a beloved show, movie, actor, actress etc. win an award I am so proud. That might be lame, because I don’t even know them, but I own it.
Rachel Brosnahan won the Golden Globe for best lead actress in a comedy series and I don’t think it could be more deserving. I love everything about the show and Rachel does an amazing job! So here are my “Golden Globes” for Rachel Brosnahan! The show is set in Paris for part of the latest season so I figured cream puffs were appropriate.
Enjoy these Nutella cream filled delights while watching Rachel on SNL this weekend! (UPDATE: it was a great episode of SNL so even if you missed it the day of you should definitely watch it on Hulu!)
Cream Puffs Filled with Nutella Cream
Ingredients: 1 cup water 1/ 2 cup unsalted butter 1 tsp sugar 1/ 4 tsp salt 1 cup flour 5 eggs 1 1/ 2 cups heavy whipping cream 1 tsp vanilla 1/ 3 – 1/ 2 cup Nutella
1. In a medium saucepan combine butter, water, sugar and salt over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and immediately add flour. Stir flour with a wooden spoon until a film forms on the bottom of the pan (2.5-3 minutes).
2. Remove from heat and pour into a mixing bowl. Let the mixture cool for about three minutes. Using your spoon, mixing it around a bit during these three minutes will help cool it down.
3. After the three minutes is up, and the dough has cooled significantly add four of the eggs one at a time. Stir in each egg making sure to incorporate completely before adding the next one. It may not seem like it will come together but it will! (This is called pate a choux, or choux pastry.)
4. Transfer your choux pastry to a large pastry bag fitted with a large plain tip. (If you don’t have a pastry bag, you can use a large Ziploc bag with the end cut off. This may make it a bit more difficult to do, but it will still work.)Pipe 1 1/ 2 – 2 inch rounds of pate a choux onto baking sheets covered in parchment paper.
5. Use a little water on your finger to pat down any pointed tops you may have. You want the rounds to be smooth. Whisk together your last egg and about a tablespoon of water, then, using a pastry brush, brush the tops of each round.
6. Bake until golden and risen, about 25-30 minutes. DO NOT check on the cream puffs until 25 minutes or you may cause the puffs to collapse.
7. Cool on a rack and store up to one day at room temperature.
8. For the cream, pour heavy whipping cream and vanilla into a medium or large bowl and, using an electric mixer, whip until it reaches medium peaks.
9. Add Nutella and mix until incorporated. Taste and add more Nutella if desired.
10. Transfer cream into a pastry bag fitted with a smaller tip. (At this point using a pastry bag is pretty important to achieve a clean fill of your puffs.) Use a small sharp knife to cut small “x’s” into the bottoms of each puff. Insert the pastry bag tip into the bottom of each puff and fill. You will feel the puff fill and if you’re unsure whether it’s done filling, once completely filled some will pop out the top. ;)
11. You can eat these as soon as finished or store up to one day in the refrigerator.