I love having a busy day out finding presents for my loved ones or looking at the Christmas lights on houses but little in my book could beat a good cozy night in during the holiday season. Having a treat, cuddling on the couch and watching a festive movie is the best! My favorite festive movies are Love Actually, The Holiday, The Santa Clause, Christmas With the Kranks, Elf, watching Harry Potter movies…oh man…maybe I don’t really have a favorite Christmas movie. I love them all! Which are some of your favorites?
Festive snacks for a cozy night in are a little more difficult for me. Most treats take so long to make you can’t do it quickly before the movie starts, so it’s easier just to buy something already made. I have found a happy medium in using a few simple, premade, ingredients to create a great snack and drinks for a cozy night in.
(I mean we're clearly having a great time ;))
Putting these together is a fun activity for you and your family to do that’s quick and easy. You get the feeling of making something homemade with the ease you need to make it a relaxing night. If you have a nice night in with your family making any of these treats use #ssebs12daysofrecipes on Instagram so I can see the fun you had! See you tomorrow!
Chai Hot Chocolate
3 / 4 milk
1 /4 chai concentrate*
hot chocolate mix
1. Heat the milk and chai concentrate to the temperature you prefer.
2. Add in the hot chocolate mix and blend to combine. I used two tablespoons when I made it in a regular sized individual, mug. You should put some in the chai latte mixture and add until it tastes how you like it.
*For those who prefer not to have caffeine, there are companies which produce chai concentrate that is without caffeine, such as the Caffeine Free Oregon Chai, which is made with Roobios tea.
2/3 cranberry juice
1/3 lime Perrier
1. Combine the two beverages and add orange slices. If you are making individual servings add only one slice of orange per serving, but if you are making a pitcher-full of fizzy one whole orange, sliced, should be adequate.
Festive Dough Balls
2 tubes of premade biscuit dough
1. Grease a bread loaf pan and preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Flatten each piece of biscuit dough. On top of flattened dough add about one teaspoon of cranberry sauce, one teaspoon of brie and a small dot of honey.
3. Meet up the edges of the biscuit and then roll to even out the dough. Dip one side of the dough in the butter and add a sprinkling of salt onto the buttered dough.
4. Repeat steps two and three for each piece of dough.
5. As the dough balls are formed insert them into loaf pan, butter side outward toward the pan edge on the bottom layer and toward the top on the top layer.
6. Bake for 25 minutes.
7. Let cool and enjoy!