Updated: May 26, 2018
In the summer one of my favorite things to do with my family is have picnics. We get to spend precious time together, outside, eating food. Honestly, what sounds better than that? And what better drink is there to celebrate the kick off of summer picnics, Memorial Day, then a lemonade?
Summer and picnics demand lemonade. Full stop.
I love a good lemonade, especially from Chick-fil-a! I was originally trying to get an imitation Chick-fil-a lemonade but ended up using it as my inspiration. It’s close, but I like what I ended up with more.
I hope you try this recipe when you have your celebrations this weekend and throughout the summer! If you do don’t forget to use #sebbakes so I can see it! Enjoy!
- 1 1/ 2 cups lemon juice*
- 1 1/ 4 cups granulated sugar
- 7 1/ 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
1. Fill a pitcher with seven cups of water.
2. Juice lemons to get 1 1/ 2 cups lemon juice. If you microwave the lemons for 15- 30 seconds, and juice the lemons into a glass measuring jug, this process will be a lot easier!**
3. Pour sugar into your lemon juice container and stir until completely dissolved.
4. Using a sieve***, pour the lemon mixture into the pitcher of water. Enjoy!
*It took me about eight small/medium sized lemons to get this.
**You could use a bowl, measuring cup or mug as well, I found the measuring jug easier just because it prevented lemon juice from getting everywhere and I was able to watch the measurement at the same time.
***This will catch all of those little seeds for you, so you don’t have to!